View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 11:01   #37
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The Trouble With Winkles Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Could we be aristocratic commoners - is there such a thing? Am sure if we go back further enough in time there will be some connection to that lot of the blue blood brigade....maybe it's wishful thinking on my part that I am an eccentric - more probably it's that I'm just daft!!!!!! Common knowledge!!!!!!

That would take us past Eccentric and swiftly descending into Lunacy. Without trying we would invent a set of rules at first as guidance then, after a few smart arses found that money could be made by telling people how to obey the rules we would find ourselves splitting into smaller and smaller groups.

The Eccentrics would feel superior to the not a full shillings, the not a few shillings would feel persecuted by the Eccentrics, eventually after a couple of millenia we would settle down to being ordinary joes that can put up with each others idiosyncracies, until our peace is disturbed by the virtual knock on the door and some seventh stage compulsive obsessive will not accept that we can get along and start quoting from the Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy and telling us what to do.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote