View Single Post
Old 13-11-2013, 08:39   #467
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Hi Barry,

I don't think that we have spoken before. I have answered question a. before but as it is such a large thread thanks mainly to the interest of all you Accringtonians I will do so again. b. and c. Are in a similar vein.

Man is born in sin. Although 'man' is singular we are all affected. It is the reason why Jesus had to be born supernaturally. Otherwise he would have been a sinner too and unable to offer himself as the one perfect sacrifice to atone for those sins. It is God's demand that a blood sacrifice be offered for sin. In the Old Testament there were animal sacrifices but the problem was they had to be offered time and time again for each new sin. God solved that by sending his son to die in our stead as the one perfect sacrifice for all our sins but it does require us to put our trust in him.

That is the background. Now for the answers. God gives us free will. Unfortunately it does mean that he doesn't intervene as a rule in MAN'S sin. He has been known to but only in exceptional cases. For example I don't think we would have won WWII had it not been for his intervention causing the enemy to make horrendous mistakes. This pattern can be seen in the Old Testament too.

Remember that it is man's sin and not God's.

b. and c. really have the same answers. This may not be the answer you would like but it is the truth and if man doesn't repent of his sin he will perish.
The usual load of platitudes. How many of the members various religious orders have committed cruel and unnatural acts against children and then been absolved by the leaders of the particular orders - don't tell me that they will finish up in hell or purgatory unless you can give a location for these two places - must be a very large place. Likewise, where is heaven, or paradise or nirvana?
I note that you still remain anonymous - makes me wonder what you are trying to hide. If you are attempting to promulgate the Word of God surely you should be proud to let everyone know who you are - unless you are a troll or a perv