View Single Post
Old 18-11-2013, 10:45   #15
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: NHS criminal neglect proposals

Shaz, I know what you are saying, but I think(and I'm sure I will be corrected if I am wrong) that what Studio meant wasn't the administrative duties that staff at the sharp end deal with, that is always going to be there(and it is important to realise if it isn't documented, that it is as good as never having been done - you have to have proof in the case of an incident)
I think that what Studio meant was the staff whose jobs are purely administrative...those highly paid top of the tree managers...those who have offices in Tower View,(or that is where they used to hang out) who issue orders without having any idea as to the implications those orders will have on the workers who are already flat out.

When I was there visiting my daughter earlier this year, I did see Lyn Wissett doing a walk around the ward.....she is the chief nurse at RBH.

Back when I worked at QPH(for that was what it was then,) the Chief Exec used to work for a week on the wards every year. He said he learned more about what was going on than at any other time.

There is no quick fix. You cannot run the NHS without spending money on staff.
Looking after patients is a labour intensive job...cutting staff is not economic in the long run.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-11-2013 at 10:54.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote