View Single Post
Old 24-11-2013, 13:01   #5619
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, I set off after some frosty shots and the frost vanished as I arrived, and it was only mid morning.

1. Took his by accident, was snapping down the lane and had nudged the camera to take monochrome without knowing, I thought the camera is taking some moody shots, I had done about 5 before it clicked.(see what I did there)
2. I had to search out the shaded bits for frost.
3. I do like this tree, it has a story of survival in harsh conditions, and wind from one direction.
4. Frosted Fungi, sounds a bit like a breakfast cereal.
5. The low sun brings out the browns, you can just see the frost in the far dip.
6. The frost had gone and left behind droplets.
7. This is the frosty bit that turns into droplets.
8. The water was dead calm, not a ripple and was only disturbed by the occasional Grebe.
9. I like a tree with a bit of architectural structure.
10. From the bottom of the reservoir, you can still see the frost in the distance, but none remains around the wet bit or the woody bit that goes uphill.
Dave there are some of those pics which are in colour, but would convert to monochrome on photoscape.... Number 7 would ( I think) be stunning in mono...number 8 too.
I would continue shooting in colour and convert them to mono on photoscape....that way you have two pictures with different artistic merits.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote