Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2013, 14:13   #3559
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Said it before...Cmon has his heart in the right place...he just sets himself up by jumping from argument to argument without engaging in meaningful debate about any of them.

Thing is the Tories are making so many basic errors on humanism, education, health, taxes, economic policy, foreign policy and what the man in the street actually wants, that Cmon is like a kid in a sweetshop let loose with his dads goldcard. He is spoilt for choice.

Surely not even the most diehard tory can defend the following (which will be buried in tomorrows press amongst the latest Strictly/Xfactor gossip)....

Diary of a Benefit Scrounger: Breaking News : Government Reviewer Opposed Rollout of ESA

And just a smidgeon of the results of this particular policy..

Former soldier had his benefits cut after he volunteered to sell poppies because Jobcentre staff said he wasn't 'actively seeking work' | Mail Online

Disabled man ?crushed by financial pressure? found dead at Atherton home after his benefits were stopped | Black Triangle Campaign

Sneinton man overdoses after benefits stopped | Nottingham Post

For the TLDR xbox generation amongst you...evidence that the current government lied (yet again) in parliament no less, and evidence of the deaths that followed.

Bear in mind that they are currently in the process of deciding whether to accept an 11% increase in wages, whilst they screw us even more into the ground...the 11% per week that they accept boils down to around 4x what your average jobseeker gets per week....(remember this is a pay RISE of 4x a jobseekers subsistence allowance, i.e the amount the government deems you need to survive). Fair play to our Graham who has agreed that a payrise for MP's at this time is obnoxious! (and before anyone accuses me of being a lickspittle, I'm one of his biggest critics)

There is an online petition that currently has around 300,000 signatures slamming this pay rise, but the government claims that because its an independent review that says they should get it, they probably will...well for those of you who read the blog above, we all know how this government interprets reviews.

Frankly the only DS here, are the ones that bury their heads, the i'm alright jacks and the thatcherite cybermen!

Oh and for those living in the past citing unions that held the country to ransom...bah! what about the tories who sent 7 year old kids up chimneys! Using the past is a stupid argument!
Just put you straight on one thing they are not debating (all MPs about an 11% pay rise) they have no say and no way in refusing it as it was out sourced on their own behest to an outside body. Just one question Guinness do you think a Union Leader who has said he is hell bent on bringing this country to its knees is worth £165,000 a year