Thread: 21/12/13
View Single Post
Old 19-12-2013, 07:24   #22
lancsdave
God Member

Re: 21/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I don't suppose we know the circumstances behind the change, but I did cringe when I saw a few people spending their hard earned on replica shirts in the shop on Saturday after I had been told the news.
I can answer this now

From a retail point of view this was a rock and a hard place situation.

Read the wording of the press statement first, the primary issue here is a new kit supplier, it does not say radical new kit design. We may run a competition where you spot the difference apart from the manufacturers name . Yes there are some but nothing too drastic.

This has been very much a rushed through job by Mitre to get limited numbers of kit for us to sell before Christmas. There has been no weeks of notice that we would get it. Given the history of delivery times at Stanley, if we said we 'MAY' have delivery of kit before Christmas and you wanted a shirt for a Christmas present would you wait and see if they turn up or take the one in front of you ?

The lads in the shop were not officially supposed to say anything but they felt it was only fair to warn people. I am told that even though they did warn people shirts were still bought for reasons I have just stated

There have only been 2 sizes of shirts left for a few weeks and no childrens shirts for a while. Due to lead times, we had no chance of getting them in time off the previous supplier so in that respect this is great timing, and we can now go some way to satisfy the demand we have had for childrens shirts, the fact children want a Stanley shirt for Christmas and could have ended up with a lesser known Premier or Championship shirt has to be a plus point for the club.

If anybody feels aggrieved at their recent purchase we will deal with it accordingly, there will be no blanket policy.