Thread: EUTHINASIA
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2005, 22:04   #55
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Re: EUTHINASIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
When you have seen somebody suffer and had the experience of caring for those people while they are suffering unfathomable pain you sometimes find that your attitude towards the situation changes.
Quite right Lettie. Some years ago, my father was terminally ill with a brain tumour. For many weeks he was on a morphine drip but was still in considerable pain.

One afternoon, he was barely conscious but pleaded with me to end his life. this was not the rantings of a deranged man high on drugs, but someone that had been through enough pain and was helpless to do anything about it himself!

That 30 minutes listening to him was absolute agony for me, there was only one thing I could do and that was to go to the hospital chapel and pray for my dad to die....

I was not a religious person but a few minutes after I returned to his bedside, he passed away. Coincidence?? Who knows, but I DO know that I may have looked at ways of helping my father if he had continued to live,

For this reason, I totally approve of Euphanasia in terminal cases and as Lettie says, you have to experience the pain loved ones go through before you truly understand the pro's of euphanasia.