Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2013, 20:22   #3601
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
As far as the fire service response Retlaw I'd be inclined to note your opinion being as you're an old timer. But since your active days there's been many & varied technological & efficiency changes, added to that as you state they may come from various stations & according to the report that was the case.
No matter what technological change have occured, you still need men to operate the equipment, and machines to transport it to the scene of incidents, and buldings haven't had all that much done for the so called technological age, they still collapse, they still catch fire, people still get trapped in them. I regularly call in at the Fire Stn and I've seen nothing new that I couldn't instantly operate. They also have an eletronic system, type in a post code and it will display a route to the incident, so I tried it against my local knowledge and beat it 7 out of 10. Not every place has a post code, especially farms and smallholdings.

By the way one of my daughters serves as a Sub Officer in the London Fire Brigade.

Last edited by Neil; 26-12-2013 at 11:30. Reason: fix quote
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web