Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2013, 22:34   #3626
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Too many people here expect someone else to do it all for them while they sit in front of the TV or in the pub.

They days of scrubbing your doorstep and sweeping the footpath outside your house are gone. We have become a lazy society.
I'm totally confused by that comment

Are you saying its lazy NOT to volunteer to take someones livelihood away or are you saying its lazy to expect someone to do something they are paid to do?

We all know how you give your free time, doing something that you are passionate about voluntarily, do you know many people that are passionate about volunteering to man the tills at Tesco or cleaning the sewers. How about people volunteering to do the job that feeds your family?

In the case of emergency services, what I want are trained professionals to be paid accordingly from a central fund raised by fair taxation to save my life if needed, and I'd rather have too many than too few, and if that means cutting aid to spacefaring nations so be it.

And what you seem to have missed here is that despite the 'alleged' outrageous number of emergency services that turned up, (for what was originally thought to be a major disaster), they still had to commandeer 3 London buses to transport the injured to hospital.