View Single Post
Old 27-12-2013, 05:16   #3630
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the thing is the german companies work in cohesion with their employees. british employers wouldnt let their workers volunteer. you would be classed as a liability. thats the difference with British and German society.
You're slipping into "Wicked Tories" mode again, by inferring all t'mill owners (British employers?) wouldn't let their people volunteer. One word for you my friend "Territorials" or as Dave & his mates are now titling them, "The Army reserve" not forgetting the RAF & Navy reserve.

While containing, as the title states eligible ex-service personnel (reservists), there are also quite a few volunteers who have a day job & are willing participants in deployments with the blessings of their employers so that statement doesn't cut it.

And if the Military can train & deploy "Civvie Volunteers", surely the emergency services are capable of following a similar line?