Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2013, 19:54   #3687
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Of course Labour made cuts....they also spent way beyond their means which is why we are in the position we are in.
If labour had got back into government they may have been forced to make more cuts than you would find comfortable with.
The political parties are not in the game to make life easier for the common man......some day you may just see that.
Sorry Margaret I have to disagree with that...

We are not in the position we are in because of the last government. It's a myth perpetuated by the tory media based on what was meant to be a stupid in-joke by the outgoing treasury minister (there's nothing left, we spent it all), which was pounced on by the tory spin doctors. That's the kind of crap joke I might leave in the empty coffee jar at work before I have a few days off.

The last government left us with one third of the debt we are now in, they did this by spending on health, welfare and education, and they had to deal with a worldwide recession. Yes they were numpties..but..

This lot have killed people with their policies, just like Thatcher did and just like every tory government before them. And we are worse off than we have ever been with no sign of the light at the end of the tunnel, despite endless promises of tough love and all in it together.

You are right that political parties don't care..but what is your alternative?

Russell Brand says don't bother voting? Maybe you could pointlessly spoil your paper? Vote for a guy who has ignored his promises and the wishes of his electorate? Post endless links on forums without explanation? Bitch and whine on a local forum and do zilch about it? (thats me by the way as if you hadn't guessed ).

How do you make a guy who used to work in a printers but became your representative listen, and more importantly ACT on your view instead of his own or his party leaders?