View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 00:55   #136
g jones
Senior Member+

Whitebirk Retail Park

Guinness wrote

d) A fortune is spent on demographics and surveys...you won't find our Graham canvassing in safe areas, except for photo ops, he knows he has these votes, demographics and surveys..all paid for by the party...what chance would a little known airline pilot have against the party machine?

I lived the last 30 years in a deprived ward. I worked at Daltons for the last 10 up to GE. I worked in a care home, also as a bin man and have had several spells out of work and had to rent my own home because we couldn't afford it.

It is disingenuous to say voters are easily taken in by a 'party machine'.

We all get frustrated about issues but the Councils has dozens of public meetings where you get to find out a lot more, where you get to air your views and hear the pitfalls and complications of an issue.

Finally consensus. I receive letters occasionally that talk about 'we the people' and 'not listening'. A recent reply I gave listed my lifelong friends here in Accrington. A van driver, a postman, unemployed, trading standards officer, self employed, NHS accountant, GCHQ, recent unemployed. Ordinary Accrington people who have always voted Labour, think about issues seriously and certainly have a different view to the letters I receive stating 'we the people'.

As Ken says there is not the public consensus that is sometimes made out.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web