View Single Post
Old 22-01-2014, 15:29   #40
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: 2013 Prediction League; Game 27 v Cheltenham Town (away)

Top Ten Suffer 18 Torrid Minutes

As did I, waiting to see whether Cheltenham could conjure up an equaliser to give me four extra precious prediction league points - thankfully they couldn't .

They're there because their heads rule their hearts , which is why only one of last week's Top Ten tipped 22nd placed Stanley to win away to a team in the play-off places ...... na na na na naaaaah . The one was Sherry , whose resulting 3 points moved him up from 6th to 5th.

The split was 21 for us, 12 for them and 9 for a draw. Of the faithful 21, 10 took a maximum 5 points - DaveinGermany, Deeayess, Jaysay, Leylandii, Mab, Proccy Fan, Revived Red, Smobile, Sparkie and UK Cowboy. 5 was enough for RR and UKC to move into the Top Ten themselves, replacing AccyBeMe and Bdc. No change right at the top, with AngeB, Teach and Football19 all firing blanks and Kiwi John taking marginally closer order in 4th, with a single bonus point.

Roll on the Shakers. We're going to have to get over our habit of not beating teams below us over the next few weeks, otherwise they won't be, if you see what I mean .

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL Pt 1, 18 Jan 14.doc (79.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: doc SPL Pt 2, 18 Jan 14.doc (79.5 KB, 4 views)