View Single Post
Old 26-01-2014, 09:29   #27
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Great Harwood: Farmers Market raises £4,000 for charity

It is easy to make the comment that those who criticise are lazy and don't care.Just as easy as it is for the people who say things are no good...but it doesn't make it true.I accept that councillors work hard for their wards. Maybe they do not do it for the financial reward, but for the inner sense of making their surroundings(and those of their electorate) better.
Not everything can be reduced to pounds shillings and pence.

Much has been done at the town which has taken away from it rather than adding to it.
This has been done over many years...in fact over decades...and some of it I feel was done for political point scoring, by people who had their own agendas.

These changes are very difficult to undo and especially in the recent climate of austerity.

It is absolutely no good at all to market Accrington as something it isn't. It is dishonest and will lead to further problems long term.

Accrington has to have something that is marketable - to bring traders in......traders will bring with them their own clientele.

At the moment Accrington is just another impoverished once industrial town with not much to recommend it.
(I am NOT talking down the town - just being realistic about what accrington has to offer)I am neither a keyboard warrior or a troll and I find that using those terms is both offensive and counter productive and not something I expected from you Graham.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-01-2014 at 09:37.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote