Thread: That's HOT
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2014, 19:42   #46
Eric
God Member

Re: That's HOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
It's surprising how we all manage to get through the extremes. Bit tough here today though for the kids going back to school after the long summer break, especially the little ones just starting school and pre-school for the first time.
I would say that most schools here are air-conditioned now, it's just the journey getting there and especially getting back home again in the heat of the day that will be the challenge.
Things have changed a lot over the years. When my oldest son was in Junior School (a lot of years ago now) the classroom didn't have a/c - not even a fan - and when it was hot his teacher would tell the students to take off their shoes and socks, she would throw water on the wooden floor and tell them to walk about on it - and that was the way they cooled off!!!!
Children are very resilient - they'll cope, it's the adults who do the most complaining.
Bit different here in god's country ... we've had quite a few days when exposed flesh freezes in about 10 minutes. But the kids bundle up and head out for school. Here, many of us get out and enjoy the winter ... might as well, eh. My neighbour, who is, believe it or not, older than I am, and I got together to do our shovelling today ... his wife brought out mugs of hot chocolate which was probably more than half sambuca

And our winter festival, Febfest, begins soon.

Welcome to Feb Fest, Kingston ON, Canada

If you want to take in the action:

https://www.cityofkingston.ca/explor...-square/webcam

It all happens here.

Last edited by Eric; 27-01-2014 at 19:45.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web