View Single Post
Old 19-01-2005, 00:16   #14
KiTChener

Re: Worlds Oldest Mother

This thread seems to be universally condemning the lady(?) concerned.
Sorry, but I agree with you all!!
However, having been married for almost 40 yrs, now being the proud
head of a family consisting of two daughters, three grandchildren, I've got to say, that, had such medical wizardry been available in our day, we very well may have gone along the same route.
You see, we could not carry a child full term. So, we went for the only alternative, in those days.... adoption.
We've fought the stigmas that some people seem to cast on our children, & we have all come through it as better persons. My daughters are, I feel, more well-balanced than any of our contemporaries. They have never had the problems that beset so many of their 'friends'.
We now have three absolutely beautiful grandchildren, aged from 11yrs down to 6weeks, & thank God every day for our blessings.
So, in a way, I can understand why this lady wanted a child so much, but, I cannot accept why she left it so late!
If she wanted a child so much, surely adopting one of the many 'unwanted' children in her country would have fulfilled her so-called 'maternal' needs? She could, assuming her apparant wealth, have done this many years ago, ensuring that her adopted child(ren) would be well looked after, had the inevitable happened.
I think that, reading between the lines, she is a vulnerable person that has been taken advantage of by a 'high flying' quack doctor, out to make a name for himself, at her expense.
Don't want to appear controversial, but look forward to other member's reactions.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote