View Single Post
Old 30-01-2014, 22:21   #6283
davemac
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
The promised snow arrived but after 3 hours of thick swirling flakes it turned to freezing rain I braved the weather and had a wander with my camera all the same - the results are a bit disapointing. Didn't cross paths with anyone, even the birds were all hiding! It was bitterly cold and at one point I was questioning my own sanity! I was spurred on by the thought of how Davemac would probably have been revelling in it and would not have chickened out when faced by a bit of H2O You can see some traces of snow in the first photo and there are a few droplets...
Well done for braving the elements,, I remember the words of Sir Ranulph Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes whenever I look out of the window as I lean over a warm radiator, There is no such thing as bad weather,only bad clothing.

That bridge is interesting, have you thought of entering the water and getting a close up (only joking) wait until it gets warmer.

My days photographic output turned out to be "pants" I had turned my settings to manual without knowing, I think it happened when I was getting it out of the bag. So the entire collection was either totally white or totally black, and was only fit for deletion. It was in RAW and could have been recovered in Paintshop, but there was nothing memorable to warrant all that extra work, well,....... there was a shot of a Unicorn but I will get that the next time I am up the Coppice.

So it was a lesson learned, advance your knowledge, but don't forget the basics.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote