Old 03-02-2014, 10:51   #53
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: I just want my cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
The problem is criminals are typically cleverer than us mere mortals at subterfuge, its also around showing due diligence, whether or not its spin cycle, fraud ( old dears being fleeced fro slates etc) or any other reason the onus is on proving we (as in the Bank ) did everything we can to prevent/challenge.

Banks also spend huge amounts of money on fraud analysis/scanning software, i've been called by automation services for buying a set of expensive tyres for my car because its not something that I do often and is marked as a typically high risk transactions. a simple press of a few keys to confirm it was me based on regular transactions and personal data and then a random pick which of these transactions you did ( where two were made up ) is a decent way IMHO of checking I was not subject to a fraud attack.
I agree a decent way, but whats being implemented these days don't fit that criteria IMHO.