View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 07:18   #21
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Where's my ambulance?

I'm sure that ambulances carry notices that action will be taken against those who abuse their staff....but to be honest lots of ambulance personnel know that his comes with the territory.....and they still choose to do the job because they get job satisfaction.There is a vast difference between stacking beans or working on a till to knowing that you have saved the life of a baby....or seen a baby safely into the world, or played a part in rescuing a badly injured person and restored them to their place in their family.
Ask those in Adsa why they do the job.
I don't think many of them will cite job satisfaction...mostly it will be because it pays the mortgage.....ask them too if they would give up doing their job tomorrow....I bet most of them would.
When I worked in the NHS, the career structure was rubbish, the pay was rubbish......but every single day was different. It wasn't boring. It gave me job satisfaction. I looked forward to the challenges each day would send me and relished the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of my patients.....I was being paid to do something I loved!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote