View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 09:27   #24
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Where's my ambulance?

The thing about the notice is, while the drunks and the abusers may not read it......it is a warning that action could be taken against those who fail to treat the people who are looking after them decently.
Security and police are always ready to step in when trouble erupts....and while I know this should not be necessary, it is a fact of life that some members of society have respect for no-one.

It saddens me to think that job satisfaction would be low on the list of priorities when seeking a career(not a job-jobs are what you do out of necessity).
I have been in the position of needing a job purely in order to pay the bills and keep the wolf from the door, and it bears no resemblance whatsoever.
And before anyone tells me that young folk,often do not have the luxury of choice, I would say to them that for many years I didn't have the luxury of choice either. I was 26 years old before I got my chance to improve myself....the difference is you have to have the desire and the focus to make the changes. Things do not just 'happen' you have to make them happen. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get where you want to be....to be honest I think that that is what is lacking. People want to start at the top...it isn't sensible or for that matter possible.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote