Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2014, 07:11   #131
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
The Queen and Prince Charles cash in on tens of thousands of pounds' worth of benefits every year - Mirror Online

Do they really need the money? No.
Is she a "Welfare Queen"? yes
Would tourists still visit the tower of London, and other British landmarks, even if the royal family wasn't tax supported? yes,I think so....hmmmm.
She should certainly get sanctioned
I still think its the Politicians though that are the biggest benefits scroungers with their lies and cheating,anything to line their own pockets.
Government declares war on Benefits Street's scroungers

Kettle and pot?
I have to say that I am with Neil on this one.

You may not like the Royal family, but they are one of the main reasons why the tourists come and spend their money here....and I am sure that there have been surveys that support this.
Britain relies heavily on the hospitality and leisure industry for income. This is especially true of the places where the Royals reside.....Sandringham, Windsor,
Balmoral. If you visit any of these places you will find them thronged with tourists at any time of the year. These tourists are spending money......adding to the economy.
There are many other things where a penny pinching attitude would be more worthy.
These stories also smack of the politics of envy....besides being sensationalist nonsense.
Please do not fall into the trap that mires our member from over the border......posting snidely sensationalist headlines without any real balance.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote