Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2014, 13:21   #150
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am not a Royalist, but I have to disagree with you there.

Did you see the Queen on the Royal Barge during the Jubilee Celebrations......she stood in the cold and wet for hours on end so that her people and the tourists could enjoy the spectacle of this event.
Because she doesn't get up and don a pair of overalls doesn't mean that she isn't working....because you cannot see or appreciate what she does, doesn't mean that she is idle. I am sure that just for a few days she would like to be anonymous. To stroll the streets with a bag of chips in her hand - but she can't do that. She has given all of her life to this country......and to you that lack of freedom to do what she wants, when she wants and in the manner she wants, is worth nothing.
She contributes far more to the country by generating interest...and wealth, than do those who do nothing but take from the system....like those on Benefits Street(who now ludicrously seem to think they are celebrities).
Other countries envy our Royal family....precisely because t hey do not have one.
Ok I respect your point of view,I just thought I'd do some "royal bashing" to even the scales
Awww so she stood in the rain for a few hours,The queen is so hard done too
Queen Elizabeth is hurting for money - San Jose Mercury News
Maybe she can go to a food bank or the "flag wavers" on here can have a whip round for her

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote