View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 11:55   #75
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Good or Bad News - All Dog's To Be Chipped/Insured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
In itself it doesn't, however in conjunction with making owners responsible for their dogs, then hopefully if this and other rules for dog ownership are toughened up then maybe, just maybe, the number of irresponsible owners will reduced thus reducing the number of sad headlines we see in the papers.
Of course even if all dog owners were responsible there would still be occasional attacks even a normally good, well treated dog can suddenly turn.

As for the act, unlike the dogs, it has no teeth, it can't even nip at the problem.
I know,I was having the crack
Maybe the powers that be should penalise those irresponsible owners rather than everyone though (it's a bit like having a motor). They hit responsible owners but those that disregard the law carry on taking the pish while we're left to foot the bill.
The way this country's going it's only a matter of time before humans are chipped (except immigrants and those how disregard the law) .
I can see some benefits from chipping ,for example I paid £450 for my dog an a extra £20+ would be a good investment if I had it stolen,they removed the collar then it was later found,but to put it at risk of cancer on the off chance....Not in this lifetime.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote