View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:09   #19
gpick24
Senior Member+

Re: Animals killed for training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The pigs are anaesthetised(they feel nothing) and the reason live pigs are used it to assess the success of the field surgeons. If you are doing this work on dead pigs you will never know if they would survive the surgery - or what complications might ensue as a result of surgery. The pigs are even given analgesia as they recover - again to see how this works for them.......this is important research.
It is done as humanely as possible.

This is another one of those sensationalist news paper stories....when I read these I alway wonder what opther news is being 'buried' - yes, I know I am a cynical baggage
Much more humane than a halal killing....and I am pretty sure that somewhere along the way you will have consumed halal meat - that is unless of course you only eat pork and bacon.
It also sounds more humane than how pigs are killed at the slaughterhouse - How are pigs slaughtered today? - Yahoo Answers

"The animal has chians put onto its legs.

The animal is then struck in the head with an air powered gun that shoots out a metal rod.
This just knocks the animal out so that the heart it still beating.

Then the chians are tightened and attached to the ceiling and the animal is the lifted up.

The throat of the animal is then slit and the animal bleeds out. The blood will basically shoots out as the heart of the animal is still beating. When the blood stops draining out the animal will die for obvious reasons. This process takes around two mintues."
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote