View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:33   #20
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Animals killed for training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The pigs are anaesthetised(they feel nothing) and the reason live pigs are used it to assess the success of the field surgeons. If you are doing this work on dead pigs you will never know if they would survive the surgery - or what complications might ensue as a result of surgery. The pigs are even given analgesia as they recover - again to see how this works for them.......this is important research.
It is done as humanely as possible.

This is another one of those sensationalist news paper stories....when I read these I alway wonder what opther news is being 'buried' - yes, I know I am a cynical baggage
Much more humane than a halal killing....and I am pretty sure that somewhere along the way you will have consumed halal meat - that is unless of course you only eat pork and bacon.
Are you sure they feel NOTHING?
If they are fully anaesthetised why tape up their mouth?
Im not sure that operating on a pig and trying to save its life would be the same as a human plus there are other alternatives.(Caesar patient simulator which breathes and bleeds and can be used anywhere).
Stringing these animals up for 'unnecessary purposes' is a bit different to the food industry (with or without a so called prayer) IMHO.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote