View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 20:15   #119
gpick24
Senior Member+

Re: Animals killed for training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Me too ...

But there are a couple of things I don't understand. Why are most of those who oppose your views assuming that you value pigs more than humans? I really haven't read anything that you posted which states this. And why, if the practice is illegal in the UK, is your Ministry of Defence sending members of your armed forces overseas to a place where it is legal? Surely, if it were such, as someone whose opinion I respect said, a "necessary evil", the practice would be allowed in Britain. It would save lots of money, and would take place in a country where bacon sandwiches are haute cuisine ... a not unimportant side benefit.
According to here - Ministry of Defence defends shooting pigs for medical training at Nato's training facilities in Jaegerspris, Denmark | Metro News - it`s not illegal. "The MoD argued that although the practice would not be illegal in the UK, approval would have to be obtained on a case-by-case basis from the Home Office."
So why go to Denmark? From the link in original post - "by participating in the Danish-led exercises twice a year rather than conducting our own, we minimise the overall number of animals used.”
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote