Thread: Todmorden Curve
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 19:24   #35
Gremlin
Senior Member+

Re: Todmorden Curve

I had a trip to my sisters today, her house overlooks Todmorden and the Tod curve. There was a lot of activity there and we managed to get a talk with the main engineer.
He assured us that the line between Accrington and York will be back in service before the end of March and the Tod curve will also be finished.
The problem, he said, was the lack of rolling stock to run a through service from Accrington to Manchester, that's what the curve was reinstated for.

No.1 Looking towards Hebden Bridge, the left track is from Accrington and the right one from Manchester through Todmorden station.
No.2 The left track is towards Tod station and the right to Accrington.
The reinstated curve links the two behind the trees.
No.3 and 4. The train is on the track to Accrington, there were four train loads of ballastl with a loco either end, they all came from Crewe where the ballast came from.
No.5 Looking back towards Burnley and Accrington.
No.6 My sister and the Senior engineer, we are a nosy bunch.
No. 7 The base camp at the Holme tunnel site.
No.8 A far away shot of the tunnel entrance. I didn't have a long lens with me so sorry about the quality.
No.9 My sister lives in the third house down with the big gable end, she is praying for the job to be finished in time, they have been working seven days a week 24 hours a day with all the racket from the machines and the big arc lamps shining.
Even though the works never stops the Pike... have stolen plenty of batteries from the lamps and anything which they can get away with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tod curve001.jpg (282.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Tod curve002.jpg (381.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Tod curve006.jpg (306.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Tod curve003.jpg (316.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Tod curve004.jpg (299.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Tod curve008.jpg (263.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Tod curve012.jpg (308.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Tod curve014.jpg (458.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Tod curve010.jpg (498.9 KB, 29 views)