Thread: Currys
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 18:25   #1
Boeing Guy
JFT96

Currys

Mrs BG's Steam generator iron decided to stop working tonight.... So after looking for a replacement motor and having no luck, we (she) decided we needed a new one.
So Amazon had one at £70.00, Currys £79.99 as we wanted to have a look at one, off we trek to Whitebirk.
On arrival, there are no 'assistants' to be seen, but we did see the iron, after a few minutes we spotted a couple chatting, apparently they were 'sales assistants' but as they seemed engrosed in small talk we looked for another. Spotting a young lady with her head down in her phone, I politley tried to get her attention.....after a few minutes I asked for help, at this she wandered over.

I explained that we could get the iron for £10 less on Amazon and showed her on my phone.
The girls eyes glazed over and she started into the usual its online and as such we do not price match amazon blah blah blah.
I explained that I am aware of this and would they want to lose a customer for a poxy £10. She said yes, they would not discount at all. She got rather stroppy and tried to start the spiel again.
On this I explained that we are also in need of a washing machine (ours is slowly dying) but this did not deter her one bit.

So as a final shot I explained that they would be out of business if they did not move with the times, to which she simply replied we wont.

So came home ordered on amazon, free delivery and its being prepared for dispatch now.

Currys will not get our business again, but they are great to have a look at stuff before you order online.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web