View Single Post
Old 15-03-2014, 09:46   #14
davemac
Senior Member+

Re: One good turn deserves a smack in the mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Have you checked with security, may have CCTV.
There are no cameras at this supermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It happened to me on the Asda car park last year. Don't bother with cable ties they just cut them off. Only reason I used them was to stop the trims falling off. I went back inside only to be told that because I was parked under a light the camera would be no good because the light flooded out the camera. Asda like taking your money but they obviously don't spend it on decent security cameras.
You also have to weigh up how much time you want to spend chasing something that you know you will never get back, I have checked the prices and they cost between £20 and £40, so will eventually will be off to Halfords, but not just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I hope you get a big dose of good luck soon. Nothing is safe anymore and people just seem to walk on by rather than get involved when they see something dodgy going on. There will always be scumbags on the make around, perhaps these scum will one day return to find their car nicked and just the wheel trims left on the floor!
There is always the possibility that this will happen to them, they were not in good condition as I had kerbed them a few times. This sort of theft was very popular a few years ago but I thought it had died out as they are not all that expensive any more. Another trend I remember from a few yeas ago was the snapping off of those metal retractable aerials, this became extinct when manufacturers put flexible ones on the roof of the car.

I wont let the thieves get inside my head though, there isn't room for them, it could dislodge pin numbers and recipes if I do.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote