Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2014, 09:40   #235
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

The observations about those we elected to look after GB are not new......you can see them repeated in thread after thread....but it is like worrying or rocking in a rocking chair....it doesn't matter how hard or how long you do it, it gets you nowhere.
Talking about the deficiencies of the political system is the same......it is all hot air and fixes nothing. All the political parties are the same. Not in it to make life better for us, the electorate. Only in it to make their own lives better. To feather their own nests, make lucrative contacts that will sustain them once they are out of office.

Every time they come round looking for our cross in their box...they tell us what they think we want to hear.
We vote for them...they reel us in.

I can see that. I have been able to see it for a long time. My vote is lost to all the parties. It isn't apathy that makes me go to the polling station and spoil my ballot paper, but a general disillusionment that my vote means nothing to any of the parties.

How can we be considered to have a democracy when the politicians disregard the views of the electorate?

Democracy is a MYTH...but is is still fooling many people.

Now, as I said before many posts back...this has been done to death and my participation in this discussion is over.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 18-03-2014 at 09:45.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote