Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2014, 11:00   #236
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The observations about those we elected to look after GB are not new......you can see them repeated in thread after thread....but it is like worrying or rocking in a rocking chair....it doesn't matter how hard or how long you do it, it gets you nowhere.
Talking about the deficiencies of the political system is the same......it is all hot air and fixes nothing. All the political parties are the same. Not in it to make life better for us, the electorate. Only in it to make their own lives better. To feather their own nests, make lucrative contacts that will sustain them once they are out of office.

Every time they come round looking for our cross in their box...they tell us what they think we want to hear.
We vote for them...they reel us in.

I can see that. I have been able to see it for a long time. My vote is lost to all the parties. It isn't apathy that makes me go to the polling station and spoil my ballot paper, but a general disillusionment that my vote means nothing to any of the parties.

How can we be considered to have a democracy when the politicians disregard the views of the electorate?

Democracy is a MYTH...but is is still fooling many people.

Now, as I said before many posts back...this has been done to death and my participation in this discussion is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The observations about those we elected to look after GB are not new......you can see them repeated in thread after thread....but it is like worrying or rocking in a rocking chair....it doesn't matter how hard or how long you do it, it gets you nowhere.
Talking about the deficiencies of the political system is the same......it is all hot air and fixes nothing. All the political parties are the same. Not in it to make life better for us, the electorate. Only in it to make their own lives better. To feather their own nests, make lucrative contacts that will sustain them once they are out of office.

Every time they come round looking for our cross in their box...they tell us what they think we want to hear.
We vote for them...they reel us in.

I can see that. I have been able to see it for a long time. My vote is lost to all the parties. It isn't apathy that makes me go to the polling station and spoil my ballot paper, but a general disillusionment that my vote means nothing to any of the parties.

How can we be considered to have a democracy when the politicians disregard the views of the electorate?

Democracy is a MYTH...but is is still fooling many people.

Now, as I said before many posts back...this has been done to death and my participation in this discussion is over.
Are you going to copy an paste this comment at the beginning of every political thread in the future Margaret?
Not that it's your responsibility, but how do you suggest we stop them?
These policies are literally killing people and destroying lives.

I was trying to get this (benefits) thread back on track after mine and less's playground antics,I may of failed,but there's No need to dismiss the thread,although if that's your wish I respect it.

Now,There has been a huge increase in problems with housing benefits due (mainly) to sanctions, but also other changes in benefits.
If you are sanctioned your local benefit office will be told you are no longer on those benefits, they are not told why. If you are on housing benefit you will need to contact your local council and reclaim (which can take weeks).

Councils are cutting off housing benefit payments to tenants who are 'entitled' to receive them as an 'unintended consequence' of sanctions applied to other benefits.
Jobseeker’s allowance and employment support allowance claimants can have sanctions applied to their claims if they miss appointments or fail to do enough to find work. But many are also having their housing benefit cut, because they are unaware that they need to tell councils their financial circumstances have changed. Local authorities are stopping claims as a result.

Food banks etc warn they are dealing with a rising number of housing benefit problems as the number of JSA and ESA sanctions soar - because many recipients don’t realise the reductions could affect their claim.

The number of sanctions against benefit claimants deemed not to be doing enough to find work increased dramatically (860,000+ I think ) in the year to June 2013, the highest for any 12-month period since statistics began to be recorded in their present form.Housing associations have also reported evidence of tenants falling into rent arrears as a consequence of housing benefit being cut off the back of another sanction.
Folk are not being advised that their housing benefit will be affected and that they may need to re-apply for it. Often they only realise there’s a problem when they are in arrears or facing eviction.....sadly,by that time it's too late

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote