Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2014, 11:23   #237
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

I said my participation was over...but just his once...and this is definitely my last post to this thread.....so please don't ask me anything else...because I won't be answering.

NO...I'm not going to cut and paste this to every political thread...what do you take me for?

How in tarnation would I know how to stop them... a revolution looks favourite right now...except no, it will never happen. The young folk have their ears welded to moblie phones.

If you were a mature person you need not have mentioned anything at all about the rancour which crept into this thread - it gave nothing to the discussion and was like much media hype. It took our minds off the real subject.
And the phrase is may have - not may of. (just one of my petty dislikes).

The problems you outline regarding sanctions and loss of benefits are because no-one takes any responsibility for themselves....and Lindsay has already explained quite clearly that the DWP and councils work closely together to ensure that if benefits are stopped then it affects all benefits. These departments talk to one another.

I am sure that if I were on benefits I would ensure that I was fully informed about what things would affect my entitlement and what to do about it should they arise.
I am also very sure that I would attend appointments and do what was required to make sure that sanctions were not applied.

As for food banks, if they are there then they will be used and some are aware that they are being abused too.

I know that people can fall on hard times...and I am not against help being given, but it has to be the right kind of help.
I have experienced hard times in my life....but we really need to foster self reliance and some sort of responsibility...sadly both of these things are sadly lacking in many of these who have sanctions applied against them.
We have for too long fostered a dependency culture....it is unrealistic and unhelpful

Now, that is it from me. I feel I have made my views very clear.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote