View Single Post
Old 18-03-2014, 21:33   #16
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe Thread

JUSTICE WAS DONE TONIGHT!!!
5 - 1 TO THE STANLEY
Put simply, that was the best Stanley performance at home for two seasons!!
Great to see both Deano and Tom scoring great goals.
Moly's goal at the end was superbly lashed in.
Ellison was useless as was "Flapper" Roche
For me tonight the performance was built on our relentless closing down of opponents, ALL OVER THE PITCH.....and importantly at a much higher line by our midield players, exemplified in a great performance by Hatfield. Pierro has been doing the same for a good while. Buxton looks like a tremendous find and he is fearless going forward. (He will score soon!) Our rear triangle of Betinelli, Tom and Deano is becoming quite a formidable obstacle. Wilson, Moly and Gray linked up superbly tonight. Gray caused the Morecambe defence all sorts of problems as he did against Chesterfield last week. Murphy and Joyce have seen the light and have started to tackle at that higher line. Cal Naismith had a relatively quiet game but showed his confidence with a great penalty and a willingness to shoot on sight. Tom scored a real "power" header and Deano cracked his goal in powerfully after an equally good header off the bar by Murphy, (that header deserved a goal too!)
The best was saved until the end, and "The Wand" worked its magic again! The guys around me were screaming for Moly to square the ball, but I knew he was just going to lash it in!
Roche had no chance! MAGIC!! 5 - 1 !!!!!
It was like watching Brazil near the end!
All round it was just a great team performance
Have a good night JB and the team and all the supporters too!

Last edited by choirboy; 18-03-2014 at 21:38.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web