View Single Post
Old 21-03-2014, 15:25   #748
K99WARD

Re: Christian Science

Many people continue to trust their own judgement even when God's inspired word says differently. This is not confined only to unbelievers but to many believers as well. Some end up in Bypath Meadow or Doubting Castle or at the Hill of Difficulty. Some fall victim to the Flatterer. It is odd how the world's best selling book is also the most hated. Fancy spending all that money just to be collecting dust on a shelf. These days the bible is repeated on the Internet over and over again in most versions. Even Google chips in with a wonderful search engine to find almost any topic in it. I confess that I use these more than a printed bible as it is much quicker to find topics that to thumb through a concordance.

Well it all boils down to whom one trusts. Do we trust in our own judgment or do we trust in the Lord. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

If you are in any doubt about the place names mentioned above then consult Google for the answers.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.