Thread: Burn baby
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2014, 09:11   #46
Studio25

Re: Burn baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
...in your experiences do/have hospitals put parents/partners of miscarriage's in same (waiting etc) area's as parents/partners having abortions?
If so what's your views on this?
One hospital has done worse than that. A woman who was recovering from an elective termination (85% chance baby would have been born with a degenerative, terminal condition) was sent for recovery in a ward bay containing three late-term pregnant women and two new mothers.

A letter to the hospital resulted in a promise they would review their procedures.

In that particular case, they could have done more to help someone genuinely distraught at the awful decision they had to make. Maybe the ward staff saw "elective" and assumed it was someone who couldn't keep their knees together, or someone whose career was a priority at that time. I can empathise to a degree with their less than perfect treatment of that patient when their job is to help bring new life into the world, but I've no idea if they could make their value judgements based on the notes because I don't know if the reason for termination ever gets that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
...Now that is not to be compared to your many unthinking posts or threads that you have apologised for such as the classic name of this very post Burn baby.
It was worse than that. Originally he used the refrain from Disco Inferno by the Tramps- with the extra "burn" on the end. Don't know if it was him that changed it, but it's no better now (in my opinion).

I'd call the thread "Morality when disposing of human remains." but then that would spark the debate about when a fœtus becomes a human.

I just think this is all just sensationalism on the part of the journalist. Terminations can be for a variety of reasons, and for some couples it will be a deeply distressing and possibly life-changing trauma. For others it won't bother them too much. The hospital needs to be able to deal with each appropriately and as long as they've got the assessment of the parent(s) right, I don't have a problem with them using existing facilities to cleanly dispose of human body parts or terminations.

Just wait for the next one - "Amputee war heroes' limbs used to heat Camp Bastion"

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web