View Single Post
Old 26-03-2014, 19:55   #92
Jeg Red

Re: How to increase attendances?

Great thread which has generated loads of posts and demonstrates how special our club is and how special our supporters are, moving on from increasing attendances to increasing revenue. My two penneth worth:

- we need to play to our strengths and identify our unique selling point. We're the smallest club in the league, so get folk to adopt us as their second club. Discount tickets for Rovers and Burnley season ticket holders, prey on dissolutioned Rovers fans offering a return to 'real' football, market Stanley around Ewood and Turf in a campaign that says we're not in direct competition with you.

- get some PhD/degree marketing students in as part of their dissertations and get them to give some specific advice

- need to get a more community feel around the club and a place where people want to come with friends and families

- loads of great ideas that club should follow up - consider an experienced bar manager, free tickets, fans events, property developer to develop cowshed into more corporate type facilities and share profits,

- stewards are part of match day experience and I've not suffered at hands of our stewards like others seem to have. They are only doing their job, there is loads of regulations that most of us are unaware of - it doesn't stop them having as mile of their faces, creating a rapport with fans and being courteous. Stewards I came across at Rochdale recently were friendly but firm.

- the Ultras are important. You couldn't be anything but impressed at the display on the Newcastle game. The flags, the banners, the movement, the noise all create an atmosphere. If not the original lads, do any new lads want to take up the mantle?

- get a couple of players working in club shop, manning phone lines for enquiries /ticket sales every Wed afternoon on a rota system

- get some afternoon leadership and management surgeries with James Beattie for local business people. What's his ethos, how does he keep the group motivated, etc

- a Sportsmans Dinner

Will keep thinking.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote