View Single Post
Old 27-03-2014, 10:17   #107
lancsdave
God Member

Re: How to increase attendances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
This is crucial. I suspect that a great deal of work done by the Board is just a firefighting exercise. But apart from that, there must surely be a business plan. I have said this many times before. We MUST have a three-year plan, and a five-year plan. If we do not achieve them, so be it. Without such plans, we will never move beyond firefighting.

Furthermore, the plans should be made public. Let's see a club with ambition. I often travel up by train and fans of other clubs are always keen to find out about Stanley. I can say certainly that all of them, without any exception, have been tremendously positive in their view of the team. Yet, so many of them feel that we are let down by a poor public image. It is hard to imagine the damage done by the betting scandals.

So....is there going to be an official response to the many good ideas within this thread? Is the Board going to present a positive, forward-looking plan?

And on a slightly different but related matter .... We have been reading in many posts about the importance of having youngsters involved. But I see them coming out with the players and playing at half time. What happens to these youngsters and their families? Do they come again as supporters? If not, why not? Has anyone thought to do some follow-up work with those youngsters and their families?

I'm sure I heard somewhere that JB is happy to hold a fans forum, could all be combined with various members of the board.