Thread: Squirrels
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2014, 22:19   #35
Eric
God Member

Re: Squirrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I can remember sitting in a park in York in the nineties eating a sandwich and hand feeding an unusually brave squirrel. It was obviously used to people, never seen one that friendly since though. I think they're great and love watching them.We occasionally get them in the garden but you can always spot them over at Foxhill nature reserve.
I feed a couple of squirrels who are real friendly: Iggy and Stumpy. Iggy will pull on my pant leg if I don't come up with the peanuts quickly enough. In spring, summer, and fall, there are also a couple of real friendly coons, Raquel and Arbuckle. I don't expect to see Arbuckle again; he was getting up in years, and probably didn't survive the winter.

Stumpy is my fav. I almost shot him last fall. He showed up limping one day, with bad cuts on his body. His tail was mangled, ready to fall off, and looked infected. He was having trouble climbing trees. I thought it would be best to put the little guy out of his misery. Had him lined up, and was about to pull the trigger, when the god whom so many misunderstand, tugged at what's left of my soul ... and I changed my mind. He's still around (Stumpy that is, not God). Happy as a clam. Not much tail left, but he's doing fine without it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote