View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 19:06   #33
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Early Cobblers' thread

After the horrendous error that meant the Reds were always going to play catch-up, and the mistake-strewn first half which could easily have resulted in a result being out of sight, I really hoped that with a gee-ing up of our midfield and positive use of substitutes that JB's
Strategy for a more cohesive second a half performance would materialise into something resembling an all-round team effort .
Sadly, this wasn't to be the case, and more of the same plus some resolute defending from a hardworking Northampton midfield and back four, plus the abysmal efforts of another inept trio of Officials, made for a missed opportunity to ensure near-safety and a dull match to behold also !.
Anyway I could be persuaded that this afternoon's non-performance was nothing but a blip on t'Stanleys road to success, and that another of their sterling away performances at York next Saturday will redress the balance .

PS... Whilst, as you know by now I am always ready to champion the rights and efforts of OAP's....I don't think that they should turn up at t'Storefirst masquerading as FA Referees !...and then go on to officiate a match !...as seemed to be the case again today !....and yes, he really did need to go to Specsavers....ASAP !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote