View Single Post
Old 17-04-2014, 11:20   #43
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: The Labour Gravy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not voting shows you can't be bothered or are to lazy to go and vote. Voting for a party that say they will sort out the problem is making your voice heard. Ok I know they may lie and not do what they said but at least you tried.
No it doesn't Neil. I go to the polling station at every election(I am not lazy or apathetic - I am realistic)...but will only vote for someone I believe will do the job they claim they can do.
If I get there and think that none of them are up to the job then this is what I write on my ballot paper.....'none of the above'

How is it making your voice heard if the parties do not listen to what the electorate tell them?
If the politicial parties disrespect the voters so much that they do not listen to the wishes of the country, then there is no democracy.
Democracy means being able to change something with your vote.....if that is not possible then how do you change things ?

You can vote until kingdom come, but it will not change anything if those we vote for disregard our wishes.

And before anyone tells me that people fought to give me the vote...I already know this, but maybe back then politicians were a little more honest, keener to do a good job, and less keen to fleece the taxpayer...who, by the way, are their employers.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote