View Single Post
Old 21-04-2014, 13:55   #51
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: Religious Imposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Don't you think that those who work in the supermarkets want to spend a little time with their families?
I don't exactly agree with that. They have plenty of staff that have varying diversity of religions and beliefs(being agnostic I don't care either way) . For example. Around Eid we are at our busiest at work and Muslims don't have Eid as a bank holiday. Only a couple of staff can be off at the same time around October to December, so Muslims should get their holiday request in a.s.a.p in order to get the time off. However they are usually allowed a slight bending of the rules for a day so they can make it up in overtime.....xmas all have to work at least one of the days that are not bank holidays and we can book the rest. It is not busy and that insures that our workplace has a certain amount of people to cover the work. Flipside of this is we have a diversity of staff with different beliefs so Christians can choose to book most of Xmas but have to work at least one day. But in the end Christians have it better.

Also I guess supermarket staff also get good holidays. My workplace gives them out in hours. So we can take a few hours here and there if we choose. So I think it is around 197 hours. In my opinion that is a good amount of holidays you can have with your family if you do choose to do so.

Last edited by Restless; 21-04-2014 at 13:57.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote