View Single Post
Old 23-04-2014, 20:16   #95
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Religious Imposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
For those of you who hated the first Shakespeare quiz, here's another. More or less on topic. Think of him as a secular British saint.; let's not forget he was born on St. George's Day ... a true literary crusader. I hope I ain't being politically incorrect by using the "C" word.

QUIZ | BIRTHDAY BARD - CBCNews.ca
No I didnt cheat, I didn't this one either. The school I went to till I was 14, the headmaster an ex WW1 thought that all boys should be brought up military fashion, we spent most of the time when we should have been diong English formation marching up and down the central hall, he kept me in after school one day for not having shiny clogs, and father who was going on night shift at Bristol Aicraft had been waiting for me to go an errand, I got clouted for being late, towd him it were pop heys, so he said next time pop comes down our street I want to know, dashed in next Saturday and said dad pops coming, father went to front door fanged hold of pop by the throat and said if tha wants his clogs polished then tha pays furt polish, until then if thurs any moor o this stupid nonsense or I'll knock thi block off. We heard no more from pop about shiny clogs or shoes. So I never eard o this ear chap called Shakespear, was never taught wher all them twiddly bit go either (,,,..::;; " ) an such, don't know what nouns, verbs or adjectives are either, to me words are just words I write as I speak. When I'm reading anything I don't notice them any way.
I did read at one time he was a plagarist and he didn't write anything.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote