Thread: Hitting a women
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2014, 10:39   #21
dotti34

Re: Hitting a women

To my way of thinking fighting in public and domestic violence are two different things but both are very wrong and shouldn’t happen. I agree that people from either sex can be as bad as one another when it comes to aggressive behaviour. They certainly let themselves down.

My view on domestic violence, Accyexplorer, is that it is carried out by bullies and cowards who get some perverse enjoyment out of belittling their partner by beating them senseless, and so are able to dominate and control them. Sometimes it is a family member or a carer who is the perpetrator, not always the partner. This behaviour is inexcusable but sadly seems to be getting more prevalent, and there are many cases that are never reported because of fear of more retaliation and where the victims suffer in silence. As Margaret said, sometimes it is domestic abuse rather than violence but this is just as sinister in its outcome.

Restraining orders are often not worth the paper they are written on.

Accyexplorer, although you did suffer because of your intervention when the woman was being attacked I hope you WOULD intervene if you saw the same scenario happening again – or at least call the police for urgent assistance. Am sure you would.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote