Thread: Hitting a women
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2014, 10:51   #22
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Hitting a women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Just because I have the ability does not mean that I would use it.
Which ever way you cut it ,it is still wrong. As I said in a previous post I would head for the door and not look back.
I have been fortunate in my life not to have needed such strategies...but knowing they are there.......not saying it is right though.

There is a lot of domestic abuse that does not involve violence. This is much more serious as it doesn't leave physical scars, but it leaves mental scars that are disabling and not easy to treat.

I have seen this in a close family member and it is hard to prove, difficult to stop and the abused person very often does not recognise it as abuse for a very long time.

Putting all levity aside domestic violence/abuse is a very serious problem.... it not only affect the person getting the punches, but any children who may witness it. The results are insidious and long lasting.
Domestic violence is defined as "behaviors used by one person in a relationship to control the other."
(Definition - Domestic Violence)
It is generally seen as physical harm but, as you (rightly) point out "domestic violence" usually occurs over a long periods of time and (often) includes emotional abuse too.
Much of what is called "Domestic Violence" today is often very trivial.I believe this is a disservice to people who are actually victims of genuine violent/emotional abuse.

I also believe that all cases of "domestic violence" must be judged according to its unique context and circumstances.
And therefore it may well be wrong to say that "domestic violence" is "NEVER" justifiable.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote