View Single Post
Old 27-04-2014, 12:49   #29
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Hitting a women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
No.

I'm constantly amazed by the number of people who get the cause and effect the wrong way around when it comes to violence in entertainment. The kids who perpetrated the columbine massacre modelled themselves after characters from The Matrix. Does that mean they were influenced by the film? Only insofar as it gave them an idea what to wear. The wiring in their head which led them to carry out the atrocity was bad before they saw the film. Yet typically you'll get a whole bunch of detractors whose focus is in the wrong place - usually headed by people who see it as a convenient blame instead of admitting they were so close to the perpetrators that they should have seen the signs and maybe taken some positive action.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion. There is evidence to suggest that playing computer games as a child changes the hard wiring.
Violence desensitises those who watch it. It normalises it...it gives it a validity.
If you speak to those who are subject to violent childhood episodes, they will justify the violence that they practise by telling you it was part of their background.
Children who watch/play violent computer games have difficulty in separating the fiction from the fact.

I didn't mention any of the atrocities which have taken place in schools in the US.
I have never seen the Matrix so I cannot comment on it. In fact I avoid all the blood and gore films. I have seen enough blood and gore in my life to last anyone three lifetimes.....there is no entertainment in it for me.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote