View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 13:29   #12
Lucysgirl

Re: Gerry Adams MP, terrorist & freedom fighter

I'm surprised the tapes have been brought into the public domain, as they were supposed to have been locked away in America until the last of the named people had died. The armed wing of the IRA got its funding from NORAID which comprised of Irish descendants who settled in the USA over the last few hundred years.

The killings in the "troubles" weren't all one sided were they? I used to be friendly with some Irish families back in the 1970s when people were seeking safety on the British mainland and particularly those with children because armed gangs on both the Protestant and the Catholic sides were recruiting youngsters.

I'm surprised that cells of the IRA knew who specifically put out the original orders because it's always been my understanding that for security reasons members of each cell didn't know who the members were of other cells and that quite often those cells had autonomous control over their own actions. Although obviously there was a chain of command where other information was passed along.

As soldiers of the British Army are being brought to court it's only fair that those in other armed groups should be accountable too.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote