View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 13:56   #462
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Here we are at the last day of this season and it is still not decided. Will the NN keep their bottle or blow it like the scousers appear to have done? – at least the scousers blew it with some panache – losing to Chelsea at Anfield Oh dear, never mind, try again next season, like you have been doing for the last 24 years.
Deadwoods and Stanley managed to stay safe, but of course a downer for the deadwoods with Burnley gaining promotion which is absolutely great, just shows what can be done on a limited budget and a good manager and a squad of players who have played out of their skins
My lot, well, a terrible transition year, who could have forecast just how dire things could be – I just hope they don’t blow it today and get a better result that Spurs – the Europa could be a big distraction. As for the new manager? Apparently it is going to be announced during the coming week – is it going to be Van Gaal, or someone not even on the radar. He certainly has an impressive record, it could work for him having 2 or 3 years and bringing Giggs along, but not sure about that, I remember McGuinness. We will see.
So all the best to everyone for the off season and my very best wishes to the NN – come on you Blues.

BRH were as generous as ever - only in for 4 days (insisted they release me), but I still managed to pick up an infection, but improving slowly and should be back in full swing for next season