View Single Post
Old 19-05-2014, 12:30   #7774
mobertol
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, a moist moment making up for yesterdays dry spell. Where did the "River Stink" go, you wouldn't think this area had three mine shafts and various chemical works around here.

1. Rishton dip is just behind the big tree.
2. Moo cows roam the flatlands, keep away they are vicious.
3. I have to climb back up that banking in a moment.
4. At this point we were unobserved.
5. Devils Bridge, almost hidden by shrubs and tree growth. Just over the bridge is a concrete structure, its a cap on one of the mine shafts.
6. The river as it curves around to go under the motorway bridge, just on the edge to the right.
7. The other side of Devils Bridge, you can just make out the metal rail in the centre of the picture.
8. Bob giving himself a bit of hydrotherapy, note the bare bum.
9. If its not wet, you are not doing it right.
10. Escaped Rape plants are along the banking here, brought down stream and deposited here.
It all looks very lush and green now - Farmer Jackson has some nice heifers there, nice to see them out in the fields. They arent vicious you know Dave -just curious. If they bother you just walk towards them confidently waving your arms and telling them off!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote