View Single Post
Old 25-01-2005, 19:45   #57
removal-man
I am Banned

Red face Re: BEWARE the town hall drivers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
I think this thread and the thread "Traffic lights for Town Hall" should be together cause they are both on the same track, here's the Observer page with details of HBC's proposals

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk...e_id=11948.html

HBC indicate that the "Lights" will only turn "green" for an authorised vehicles, now this is technology, how they goina do that, by swipe card... hee hee, a little man pressing a button... hee hee, or by number plate recognition, wow now there's a thought, all the buses number plates on file on a computer, and the buses on camera (which they would need to carry out number plate recognition) . The camera would also show unauthorised vehicles "goin through a RED light", and would have recorded their number plate. Think what HBC could do with this information, could be a good earner, from all the posts on this thread. I wonder if when the lights did turn "green" there would be a loud audible warning for the people walking across the "Pedestrianised area"
All this is costly, it's like taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut. Why not just CLOSE it to ALL traffic, and find another route for the buses.
OR OPEN IT TO ALL TRAFFIC?
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote