Thread: accrington town
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 09:32   #8
Haworth Descendant

Re: accrington town

Thanks for the replies everyone. It is about 15 years since we visited, so my memory for place names must have faded

After visiting we became aware how common the name Haworth was, the lady at the library said it was as common as Jones would be in any town in Wales :-) Having said that, there is another Peter John Haworth married to Dianne in Launceston, where we live. We've never traced back any common ancestry, just really coincidental!

I'm sure I have a photo of Haworth Street somewhere, but my wife is conducting childbirth classes in the lounge room at the moment, so I can't check.

Rosador was a conjoined terrace (you probably have a specific name for that style of house) - it appeared to be 2 houses sharing a common wall, probably mirror image I would imagine, but there were only 2 houses on the block, with gardens around. I do recall thinking that it did appear to be of a higher standard than may of the other houses we had seen closer to the town centre

I do have a very good condition copy of the J L Haworth 78 record sleeve, so thankfully that is something I have to hang on to.

Any further info anyone has would be appreciated

cheers from Oz

Peter

Last edited by Haworth Descendant; 02-06-2014 at 09:36.
Haworth Descendant is offline   Reply With Quote